What is Videoconferencing?
- RT @LakeLibrary1: Hey friends who are at TCEA this week: I am presenting with the TinyTenaciousLibrarian tomorrow at 9:15 in room 17A! Join… 2 weeks ago
- See my story: "Visiting the Taal Volcano" spark.adobe.com/video/dQWMLEz4… #adobespark via @AdobeSpark - created at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- spark.adobe.com/post/6UNXTVnDo… #adobespark via @AdobeSpark having fun at #TCEA2020! 2 weeks ago
- RT @senyda: Bust out your twister board! ❤️¡Mis notas! ~@sekouandrews 💥🍎@tcea #tcea #TCEA2020 https://t.co/ncJiIgpHTB 2 weeks ago
- The circular nature of inspiration. Don't just teach. Be taught. @sekouandrews @ #TCEA2020 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the nomination, Ben!
Videoconferencing Out on a Lim by Janine Lim is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at bcisdvcs.wordpress.com.
Category Archives: Techie Stuff
As you know, I keep processing Skype vs. H.323 and other ramifications and changes in the videoconference world. One thing I’ve been thinking about is how stable and sustainable a videoconference cart is. Our Polycom Viewstations from 1999 are for … Continue reading
As the school year winds down, I’ve been thinking about some of the strategies I use to make VCs as smooth as possible. Here are a couple of tips from a bridge control freak! Force Video When facilitating an ASK … Continue reading
Here are links and resources for my second TxDLA presentation today (Skype vs. Standards-Based VC: The Showdown): Powerpoint: Skype vs Standards Skype Resources Links: Authors: Skype an Author Network; TWICE ASK, Whirlidurb ASK, VC Content Providers (search author) Skype Content … Continue reading
Did you see these blog posts yesterday? H.323 and Skype on the Blue Jeans Network (Thanks Wes for a great review!) LifeSize Enables Skype on the Passport (was hoping for this news after Logitech bought LifeSize) And, in other news: … Continue reading
So, have you seen the rumblings of using the SIP standard instead of H.323 in schools? I ran into this during Read Around the Planet. Some schools with TANDBERG installations on the east coast gave out their address to dial … Continue reading
Ever had a videoconference drop after a consistent amount of time (i.e. 15 or 20 minutes) all the time? I have two districts struggling with this problem right now. How do YOU troubleshoot a time out problem? Here’s what I … Continue reading
This post continues our 20 Day Challenge to understand the technical aspects of videoconferencing, particularly the section on dialing. Each January, we write these 20 Day Video Conference Challenges to share our experiences with others. In the early days of … Continue reading